San Francisco, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri 29 April ’22Posted on:
A bit about who Síol is…
Our office is culture-based.
Our success is built on trust and accountability.
Curiosity is the basis of success.
Through fairness and inclusiveness, we embrace multiple perspectives.
Collaborating on projects builds a strong team.
Transparency breeds trust.
A healthy work-life balance frees the mind.
A bit of what we hope defines you…
We are looking for a designer who can see themselves thriving in the above environment.
We uplift those who assume their leadership role by setting an example.
Successful projects are built on dedication, planning and attention to detail.
The growth and success of a team depends on accountability and the distribution of responsibilities.
Learning from others forms a diverse worldview.
The architects rely on the expertise of their consultants to carry out a coherent project.
Form and function don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Job Title: Landscape Architect | Project Manager
Job status: full time
Classification: Not exempt
Salary range: $80,000 – $126,000 + incentive bonuses
Able to independently implement the following:
• Manage others in the creation of permit sets, general specifications, schedules and details
• Identification, interview and selection of potential consultants and installers
• Firm understanding of hard and soft material properties and ability to draw details independently
• Flexibility to switch between different job and task scales, and keep junior staff productive
• Establish project schedules and deadlines
• Lead meetings, set agenda topics and identify stakeholders
• Regular direct communication with customers
• Organize presentation meetings with clients
• Collaboration in the design process and ability to make decisions within a team
• Sourcing, purchasing, reception and quality control of FF&E
• Periodic updates from the primary responsible as needed
• Ability to navigate California building code and local municipality zoning ordinances
• Navigate drawings/quotes through permitting offices according to required projects
• Documented history of construction administration
• Experience in procurement of proposals, including participation of a contractor, participation in guided tours with
potential contractors, collecting bids, reviewing bids with the client and engaging the chosen contractor
Ad hoc task of introducing and implementing office operating procedures during the first year, including:
• Configure new project graphic standards templates
• Design the symbols, timetables and legends necessary for the landscape architecture
• Establish a library of typical hardscape, softscape and irrigation details
• Create a list of California native plants and standard specifications, including applicable climate zones, water requirements,
soil needs and exposure needs.
• Identify long-term HR and operational objectives and needs
• Develop a proposal template for landscape architecture projects
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/APTITUDES – REQUIRED
• Minimum of 7 years working in a landscape architecture office
• License in landscape architecture preferred
• Strong knowledge of California native species – focused on pollinators and habitat creation/preservation
• Competence in the production and supervision of construction documentation
• Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites and G Suite
• Expected proficiency in hand drawing and graphic communication
• Open-minded and curiosity-driven
• Demonstrates professional and clear communication skills – both written and verbal, to a diverse audience
• Excellence in time management and prioritization of assigned and assigned tasks
• Strong sense of self-motivation and attention to detail
• Desire to work in an open and collaborative environment
• Availability to travel if necessary
• Must be authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorship is available for this position.
• Comprehensive employee medical, vision and dental insurance
• Life and disability insurance coverage
• Reimbursement of $100/month for a cell phone
• 15 days of PTO per year
• 9 paid holidays + 2 additional floating holidays
• Compensation for certain continuing education opportunities, including reimbursement of past professional expenses
• Advantage for commuters
• Competitive compensation based on experience
If you meet these qualifications and are motivated to contribute in a team environment, please send a cover letter, resume,
and work samples to [email protected] Emails only, please. We appreciate attention to detail and thoroughness; those who
follow said protocol as the application will be considered first.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. According to San Francisco Fair Chance
Order, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
View your application history