It is an exciting time to work at Greenshore Solutions, LLC (DBA: Lively Spirits or “Lively”, the technology behind purejuana) a California-based brand of dry cannabis spirits. purejuana brings the pure expression and experience of cannabis straight to your glass by transforming the fresh cannabis flower into lively, friendly cannabis cocktails in a ready-to-mix powder form factor. The future of healthier drinks is here and we’re excited to bring these products to California. you can find out more about us here: pureJuana and on Instagram under #purejuanaofficiel.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a seasoned Production Manager to start up and oversee everything related to production. As we start in cannabis, this role is quite dynamic with great potential for growth – geographically, beyond cannabis to other inputs, and in higher and higher positions in the business, you scale the line. production. The role initially requires your full-time presence at the Woodland, CA facility, but working from home is acceptable as the team below you is more established to your liking and your presence is not required on a daily basis to meet performance targets. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about the challenge and the opportunity to become a Production Manager to optimize and evolve our capabilities to support all of the business development needs of California and our partners, and from there, called to expand geographically as needed. We are looking for someone who is willing to partner with top management to ‘individually own all things of production’ with a lot of autonomy, build on what we have and make the production department a world class organization. that would impress a multinational competitor.
Scope of the post
The position reports to the President and CEO to provide operational leadership in the production of powdered cannabis products. Develops and recommends plant management strategies and lean tools to improve the safety, quality, efficiency, productivity and unit cost of all products. Provide direction, vision and oversight to members of the plant operations team to achieve safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Provide leadership to management teams and hourly associates to achieve plant goals for safety, quality, productivity, delivery and unit costs.
- Supervise entire production team (~ 10+ team members), plan all production lines to ensure productivity goals are met.
- Drive continuous improvements using Lean and Six Sigma (or other) tools.
- Recruit, interview, select, manage and train hourly staff in production and packaging – guide development through training and annual performance reviews.
- Create, review and analyze production and financial reports to understand variances and develop action plans for improvement.
- Ensure alignment of manufacturing with quality systems (often with a ‘hands-on’ quality review and enforcement of compliance with QOPs, MMRs and relevant regulations and practices, e.g .: product handling, finishing, dressing, documentation).
- Coordinate, configure, publish and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all manufacturing operations in accordance with company needs and regulations.
- Practical manufacturing (from the fresh flower to the kilos of dried powder and filling in the gaps on great days to show leadership by example on the ground).
- Formulation assistance and review, management of production-related suppliers such as packaging suppliers and external testing laboratories.
- Real-time troubleshooting of equipment / process failures (coordination of response between relevant departments).
- Ensure the production process operates in accordance with established control set points and operating procedure, establish and maintain preventive maintenance and cleaning procedures.
- Apply process discipline and rigorous change control.
- Communicate and report production and process performance metrics to production teams, plant personnel and functional managers.
- Ensure production goals and delivery requirements are met daily and weekly.
- None – although happy to see you attending offsite ‘easy talk’ events and other conferences to represent the company as needed.
Working hours / working hours / variable hours
- Standard opening hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday (if you wish to change, we are open to this, you will direct the operations in the building and set the schedule).
Required experience / Background
- Desirable, BS or BA (preferably in a technical or commercial environment), desired but not required, OR…
- Required: 2 to 5 years of experience leading operations in a manufacturing or commercial food processing environment.
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) – we also use Google Sheets a lot.
- Ability to understand, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic commercial and manufacturing environment.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in team supervision.
- Cannabis experience is by no means required, however, interest in learning is a must.
- Positive attitude, spirit of initiative able to recruit, train and motivate a team and to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop a team and provide performance feedback.
- Ability to define, review and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive strategies.
- Basic accounting principles.
- Lean and / or Six Sigma experience.
- Interest in cannabis and an early stage entrepreneurial environment.
- Project management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Team player.
- Client and team orientation.
This post does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers competitive salary, vacation, health insurance benefits, family medical leave, meaningful advancement opportunities including stock option grants and recurring performance review.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Lively? Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by law.