2021-22 Chattanooga Mocs Women’s Basketball
Game 25 – ETSU – February 12 – McKenzie Arena
– The Chattanooga Mocs’ comeback bid fell through in a 65-62 loss to ETSU on Saturday afternoon at the Roundhouse…UTC is now 6-19, 4-6 in the Southern Conference, while the Bucs sit at 4-19, 3-7 in league play.
– 901-510 (.639) all-time… the first official women’s basketball season was 1974-75… 487-195 (.714) this century.
– 87th meeting of all time… second longest of all time behind West Carolina (93)… 42-17 in regular season championship games… more on the series below.
– 62 all-time wins in the series ranks as the second most common casualty behind West Carolina (81)…50+ wins over four schools with Furman (56) and Appalachian State (54) also on the listing.
– Complete second and third quarter script reversal… Bucs claimed a 24-11 advantage in the second 10 while the Mocs won the third 23-8.
– Led 16 at the break, 24-40… beat the Bucs 28-8 in the first 11 minutes of the second half to take a 52-48 lead over At Karen Murphy’s jumper with 9:08 left…Bucs made a 14-2 run over the next 6:23 to take a 62-54 advantage…Mocs stormed back to have the ball down two, 64-62, in the final minute but a turnover and missed three after an ETSU 1-2 trip down the FT line provided the final 65-62.
– Six blocked shots tie the season high set at Kennesaw State and ETSU.
– Nine steals ties for the third-highest total of the campaign… nine or more four times but 1-3 in those contests.
– +3 in CA margin (11-14) but -2 in points outside CA (12-14).
– Six lead changes and two ties… all six lead changes and one of the ties came in the fourth quarter.
– ETSU scored 24 points on 11 shot attempts in the second period (2.2 points per FGA)… Mocs scored 23 on 14 shots in the third (1.6).
– Mocs played without the services of a striker from all conferences Corneille Abbey due to a lower extremity injury…she waived privacy concerns stating why she is unavailable today.
All-time meetings: 87
Last 20: 16-4
– Karen Murphy had 14 points, five rebounds and six blocks in 24:20 off the bench today…5-10 FG, 1-3 3pt) and 3-4 FT.
– Murphy’s six blocks shattered his career high of two made four times, three as a Moc…fourth multi-block game this season…tie Corneille Abbey for most blocks in a game this season with Abbey coming to ETSU.
– Chattanooga was +10 on the scoreboard with Brooke Hampel in the game… five points and five boards in 26:33 of playing time.
– Dena Jarrels tied for game honors with 15 points… his three with 1:11 left in the third quarter put him past the 500-point mark for his career… now has 503.
– Jarrells made three 3-pointers today… gives him 46 for the season, which is his total in his first two campaigns combined… eight short of 100 for his career… nine games with three or more this season… 18 of his last 37 (48.6%).
– 10 points, three rebounds and four steals for Amaria Pugh…stealing is a career high.