Finding a renovated church to call home is getting easier these days, with several having recently hit the market.
There was a small church near Bancroft, a church in western Ontario, beautifully renovated churches and some in Toronto.
If you’re ready to move a little further from Toronto, a historic church at 2278 South Lavant Road in Poland, a rural community in the Lanark Highlands, west of Ottawa, is listed for just under $ 250,000.
This two-story church was built in 1912 and was previously the United Church of Poland, according to the announcement of Exit Realty Vision.
The property’s first church, built in 1876, was burnt down, from a historical visit of Lavant. The new church from 1912, originally Presbyterian, became a united church in 1925 and closed in 1968. It was transferred to the municipality in 1975 and became a private residence.
The exterior is rustic and simple with plenty of space to park or start a garden. The interior has been completely renovated into a two bedroom house.
The lower level is open concept, with a full kitchen with appliances.
There is a wood stove in the living room but the house also has baseboard heating. Blown insulation was added in 2012 with the addition of the ground floor.
Two steps lead to a bedroom.
The master bedroom, also on the lower level, has wood paneling.
The bathroom is small but functional.
Upstairs, a large open room features 18-foot tongue-and-groove ceilings, original stained glass, and hardwood floors.
This space could be a playroom or perhaps a studio.
This place is close to hiking trails and snowmobiling, so this could be a great place for those looking for something a bit different from the city.